[cfe-dev] Analysis support for C++

Paul Davey plmdvy at gmail.com
Sun May 23 20:25:18 PDT 2010

2010/5/24 Marcin Świderski <marcin.sfider at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I'm interested in working on support for C++ in Static Analyzer project (or
> is it Checker now?). I would like to use this in my master thesis so I want
> to do as much as I can in  two or three months. I'm planning on working on
> this on daily basis during this time. I think I will continue to contribute
> later on, but time will show.
> Of cource I have some questions, so here they are:
> 1. On http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/dev_cxx.html there's a list of what has
> to be done. Is this list up to date? Or did someone done some of these tasks
> already?
> 2. Assuming that I have to get to know the project and probably widen my
> knowledge on static code analysis what can I accomplish in time of two/three
> months?

> 3. The xcode project in svn is terribly out of sync. I'm really not used to
> working on large scale projects without IDE so will probably set up my own
> project base on the one from svn. However maybe someone has an up to date
> xcode project and could share it?

for this you should use the newer cmake build system to generate a set
of XCode projects.
This is a more reliable manner of creating them than editing the
manually created projects.
If you encounter problems with this then please report them so the
cmake build system can be fixed, benefiting all users.