[cfe-dev] Trouble building libc++

Howard Hinnant hhinnant at apple.com
Wed May 12 15:16:07 PDT 2010

On May 12, 2010, at 6:09 PM, David Chisnall wrote:

> On 12 May 2010, at 22:52, Chris Lattner wrote:

>>> What's the harm in putting that source in llvm svn also?
>>
>> I'm not opposed to doing this.  We'd probably want to keep it in a separate svn module just to keep the licenses clear and obvious.
>
> On a related note - is it documented anywhere exactly what is required from the ABI module?  Presumably this includes things like the unwinding library, or is that a separate module again?

I've been thinking about creating this documentation and haven't done so yet.  The precise specification, while largely nailed down, still has 1 or 2 degrees of freedom that haven't been set in concrete.

It does include the unwinding library and follows the Itanium C++ ABI (http://www.codesourcery.com/public/cxx-abi/abi-eh.html).

-Howard