[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] New libc++ LLVM Subproject

Eelis van der Weegen eelis at eelis.net
Wed May 12 14:12:56 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-12 22:57, Chris Lattner wrote:
> the goal of libc++ is simply to be the best C++ '98 and '0x Standard Library available anywhere.  Nothing less - Howard has modest goals!

Elsewhere in this thread Howard explained that his plans for the debug
mode entail "significant debug functionality curtailment", which frankly
makes the project sound quite a bit less ambitious than you describe
(and is one reason why I'm personally having a hard time becoming
excited about libc++ as a potential replacement for libstdc++).