[cfe-dev] New libc++ LLVM Subproject

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue May 11 14:44:03 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Howard Hinnant <hhinnant at apple.com> wrote:

> On May 11, 2010, at 5:09 PM, Chandler Carruth wrote:
> > I see this on the webpage:
> >       • Fast execution.
> >       • Minimal memory use.
> >       • Fast compile times.
> > Any early numbers?
>
> No sorry.  Most of my time has been spent on just getting the correctness
> tests in.  There are no performance tests in the test suite at this time.
>  I'd love to get some donated though. ;-)

Speaking of test suites, any thoughts about using GoogleTest? Despite some
of its crazier bits and pieces (hehe), the basics make for very nice unit
tests. I can also contribute a lot of help with test runners etc for other
build systems as I work on GoogleTest.

I'm also looking at adding performance testing to GoogleTest before too long
so that might dovetail nicely.