[cfe-dev] Summer of Code idea -- detecting undefined behavior (fwd)

陈睿 chenruis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 07:03:18 PDT 2010

I'm interested on this idea, and  sure this would be a great project.
I have ever developed a static analyzer just like meta-compilation, from
Dawson Engler, Stanford.
But i'm not very familiar with clang
 maybe we could do sth. like mygcc http://*mygcc*.free.fr/
I want be involved in this project if started.

BTW: I ever read Prof. Regehr's papar about static analysis for
interrupt-driven software. In fact, we're now researching on data race
detection for interrupt-driven software. Could you please give me some
advice in future?

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:47 AM, John Regehr <regehr at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> Oops-- just sent the message below to the main LLVM list, it probably
> would have been better sent to this list in the first place.
>
> --------------------
>
> Is anyone interested in a SoC project to further develop Clang's support
> for
> detecting undefined behaviors in C/C++?
>
> This is actually a collection of many smaller projects ranging from very
> easy
> (detecting divide by zero) to rather nasty (detecting references to
> out-of-scope automatic variables).
>
> If someone does this, I'm happy to help mentor, provide test cases, etc.
>
> If done well, this would be a relatively high-impact project.  It would
> catch
> more errors than valgrind, be faster, and provide much better error
> messages.
>
> John Regehr

Chen Rui