[cfe-dev] Need 2.7 release team volunteers

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Sat Mar 13 00:02:40 PST 2010

On Feb 23, 2010, at 8:24 AM, R P Herrold wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Tanya Lattner wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for someone to qualify x86-32 linux for 2.7 and beyond.
>>
>> If you want a basic idea of how the release process works, see this:
>> http://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html
>>
>> Please email me if you are interested!
>
> I looked at the mentioned page.  I see in the coverage matrix:
>
> Architecture	OS	compiler
> --------------------------------
> x86-32	Linux	gcc 4.2.X, gcc 4.3.X
> x86-64	Linux	gcc 4.2.X, gcc 4.3.X
>
> and have a couple questions
>
> 1.	As clang went self hosting, should it also be added throughout the matrix to spot regressions?

We'll do it for the next release.

> 2.	CentOS (RHEL) 5 mainline is at:
> 	gcc-4.1.2
> with engineering previews at 4.4.0
>
> 4.1.2 is assumedly less featureful than the two mentioned versions, and 4.4.0 later --- will tests on such suffice?

4.4 is fine. Those are just a list of acceptable compilers to qualify. We dropped 3.4 basically.

> [Debian testing seems to be at 4.3.4]
>

> I already run a 'nightly', and will graft in the testing mentioned at
> 	http://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html

Awesome, I typically send out mail to the general list to do testing and will be sending one shortly.

> I also get warnings on doco matters -- shall I file those as well?

The doxygen stuff needs to be cleaned up, but it wont be a release blocker. If you are talking about other warnings, you can file bugs, but they wont be release blockers.

Thanks,
Tanya