[cfe-dev] Converting a clang -cc1 invocation into an llc invocation

Edmund Grimley Evans Edmund.Grimley-Evans at arm.com
Fri Mar 12 08:50:58 PST 2010

I've been compiling programs by invoking clang -cc1 like this:

clang -cc1 -triple thumbv7-eabi -O3 -target-cpu cortex-a8 t.c -S

I encounter an interesting problem that I want to investigate by looking
at the SelectionDAGs. However, clang -cc1 doesn't accept the
-view-legalize-dags option that llc accepts. What should I do?

I notice that (strings `which clang` | grep view-legalize-dags), so is
there a way of giving that argument to clang -cc1?

Alternatively, is there a way of converting the clang -cc1 invocation
into an llc invocation that will give exactly the same behaviour so that
I can do the following?

clang -cc1 -triple thumbv7-eabi -O3 -target-cpu cortex-a8 t.c
-emit-llvm-bc
llc t.bc ... -view-legalize-dags

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.