[cfe-dev] compilation failures

Stefan Seefeld stefan.seefeld at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 11:24:46 PST 2010

On 03/09/2010 06:35 PM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> I'm trying to compile clang with GCC 4.4.1 (Fedora 11 system
> compiler), and I get compilation failures.
> Some appear to be resolved with the attached patch, but this one I
> have no idea to fix:

[...]

> How I can instruct the build system to print out the compiler command
> line ? And why does it want to compile with -fno-rtti, when the code
> actually requires it ?

Ping ?

I'd really like to get started, but right now something is quite broken
in my llvm source tree, yet I can't figure out what.
Unfortunately, I didn't even find any build instructions that may help
me find my way around. What am I supposed to do ?
As I mentioned, I ran './configure' and 'make', resulting in the
reported issue with -fno-rtti.

Attempting to build only the clang sub-component, via `make -C
tools/clang`, results in this error:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target
`/home/stefan/projects/llvm/tools/clang/include/clang/Basic/Debug/DiagnosticAnalysisKinds.inc.tmp',
needed by `DiagnosticAnalysisKinds.inc'.  Stop.

So something seems fundamentally wrong. Could someone please help ?
Is the build system described somewhere ? How can I debug it, to figure
out where the rogue -fno-rtti option is coming from, and why that .tmp
file might be missing ?

Thanks,
         Stefan