[cfe-dev] OpenCL parsing / type support

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Mar 9 14:40:54 PST 2010

On Mar 8, 2010, at 11:38 PM, brdavs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know many vendors use clang/llvm for their implementations of OpenCL.
>
> I am wondering if OpenCL parser and types are supported in standard OpenCL distributions or they are strictly proprietary modules.

Hi Marko,

I'm not an expert, but clang mainline does a bunch of OpenCL features, such as the vector extensions:
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/LanguageExtensions.html#vectors

AFAIK, common opencl implementations have various hacks on top of mainline clang, so I doubt clang mainline will be a compliant implementation out of the box.

-Chris