[cfe-dev] C++ Support

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Mon Mar 8 14:00:37 PST 2010

On Mar 8, 2010, at 3:01 PM, Jason W. wrote:

> I actually wish to do this as part of the google summer of code if I
> can (would allow me to work on it full time)

> I'll definitely look through the bug database and see what I can do,
> since I need to start somewhere.

For GSoC, it certainly helps your application if you're already involved with Clang/LLVM, and fixing bugs is a great way to get started doing that. For a GSoC application specifically, however, you'll want to propose a well-defined project. Once you get a feel for Clang, you'll probably find some big gaping hole that you want to fill :)

> At Texas A&M I plan to do research on c++ so I see getting involved
> with clang as a potential place to get involved.
>
> I'll stop yammering now, next time I'll have something more useful
> like a patch.
>
> Who are the gsoc mentors for llvm this year?

I don't think we know yet, but there will certainly be one or more potential mentors for a Clang C++-related project.

	- Doug