[cfe-dev] Triple-related failures on clang-i686-xp-msvc9

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Wed Mar 3 20:30:53 PST 2010

On Mar 3, 2010, at 8:28 PM, Jakob Stoklund Olesen wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2010, at 8:21 PM, Ted Kremenek wrote:
>
>> I saw these test fail on my own machine when I had not configured my LLVM build to build ARM.  Anyone doing 'configure --enable-targets=host-only' (where the host is not ARM) will see these tests fail.
>
> Ouch.
>
> LLVM's dg.exp files sometimes contain stuff like:
>
> if { [llvm_supports_target Blackfin] } {
>  RunLLVMTests [lsort [glob -nocomplain $srcdir/$subdir/*.{ll,c,cpp}]]
> }
>
> Maybe clang could do something similar?

We possibly could support something like this, but there is value to supporting --emit-llvm even if the target backend isn't built.  Currently all the Clang tests run on all platforms, which is nice for catching accidental breakage.  When hacking on Clang, I personally don't build all the targets most of the time because it just slows me down.