[cfe-dev] Understanding Clang parsing

kalyan ponnala ponnala.kalyan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 18:40:52 PST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to understand how the lexer and parser work inside Clang/LLVM
solution file. I am using a cmake generated visual studio 2008 solution
file. I tried stepping into the lexer and understand the way clang's lexer
works.

1. Can anyone tell me how the parser is designed in a short sentence. I
would like to concentrate on how the AST works inside this parser design.

 I think this will help me understand clang in a better way, Its hard for me
to understand this design with all those interconnected classes.

Thanks
--
Kalyan Ponnala
phone: 8163772059