[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Reducing the size of LLVM and clang

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Thu Jun 10 07:23:05 PDT 2010

Hi Rob,

There is no way to compile Clang to support only one language right
now, and it would probably provide only a marginal size win. Your best
place to focus attention is on pieces of the LLVM backend that you
don't need. For example, I added support for reading LLVM files
directly which added in the asmparser library, but you can get
eliminate that (with some code editing, we don't currently have any
support for conditionalizing these things).

Note that compiling with Clang or llvm-gcc, especially at -Os, will
also give a pretty major code size improvement.

 - Daniel