[cfe-dev] Correlating clang::CFGs with LLVM-CFGs

philipp.legrum at daimler.com philipp.legrum at daimler.com
Thu Jan 28 02:49:04 PST 2010

Hello LLVM-Developers,

I'd like to write a program slicer that operates on LLVM-CFGs. The result,
however,  should be displayed to code reviewers in a CFG that is close to
the C source code. The Graphviz output of clang::CFG is already pretty
close to what I intend to do.

Obviously, debug-info helps me to determine the origin of
LLVM-instructions within the source code.
So I am wondering now, if there is an (more) elegant way to correlate
unoptimized LLVM-basic blocks (and the instructions contained by them)
with the nodes of clang::CFGs (and the statements contained by those).
Initially it would be ok to run the slicer on unoptimized code because I
suspect optimization to complicate the correlation.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Kind regards,
Philipp Legrum

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.