[cfe-dev] Probable problem in ElaboratedType AST representation

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Wed Jan 6 14:58:44 PST 2010

On Jan 6, 2010, at 2:40 PM, Abramo Bagnara wrote:
> I'd like to know if this problem is confirmed and if the design
> intention is to have a QualifiedNameType also under ElaboratedType or to
> encode the missing info in an other way.

This is a known problem.  It actually causes a bug because we don't look up the qualified type appropriately during template instantiation.  The eventual AST representation will probably be what you suggest, that the child type will be allowed to be a QualifiedNameType or (dependently) a TypenameType, and template instantiation will just have to treat these cases differently.

John.