[cfe-dev] Need 2.7 release team volunteers

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Feb 23 08:24:55 PST 2010

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Tanya Lattner wrote:

> I'm looking for someone to qualify x86-32 linux for 2.7 and beyond.
>
> If you want a basic idea of how the release process works, see this:
> http://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html
>
> Please email me if you are interested!

I looked at the mentioned page.  I see in the coverage matrix:

Architecture	OS	compiler
--------------------------------
x86-32	Linux	gcc 4.2.X, gcc 4.3.X
x86-64	Linux	gcc 4.2.X, gcc 4.3.X

and have a couple questions

1.	As clang went self hosting, should it also be added
throughout the matrix to spot regressions?

2.	CentOS (RHEL) 5 mainline is at:
 	gcc-4.1.2
with engineering previews at 4.4.0

4.1.2 is assumedly less featureful than the two mentioned
versions, and 4.4.0 later --- will tests on such suffice?

[Debian testing seems to be at 4.3.4]

I already run a 'nightly', and will graft in the testing
mentioned at
 	http://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html

I also get warnings on doco matters -- shall I file those as
well?

-- Russ herrold