[cfe-dev] clang-test build in visual studio

kalyan ponnala ponnala.kalyan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 18:39:40 PST 2010

Hi,

I am using the solution file derived by cmake-gui and visual studio. I am
still trying to get the "clang-test" target build. No matter what I try it
keeps giving me errors. :(

Failing Tests (1):
    Clang::(test path)
  Expected Passes    : 1704
  Expected Failures  : 18
  Unexpected Failures: 1

I was going through the "hacking on clang" page "
http://clang.llvm.org/hacking.html" and I found this :

Note that a few tests currently fail on Windows. We are working to correct
this. Therefore your output might look something like this:

lit.py: lit.cfg:152: note: using clang: 'C:/Tools/llvm/bin/Debug\\clang.EXE'
-- Testing: 1723 tests, 2 threads --
FAIL: Clang::(test path) (659 of 1723)
******************** TEST 'Clang::(test path)' FAILED ********************
Script:
  (commands run)
Command Output (stdout):
  (output here)
Command Output (stderr):
  (output here)
********************
Testing Time: 83.66s
********************
Failing Tests (1):
    Clang::(test path)
  Expected Passes    : 1704
  Expected Failures  : 18
  Unexpected Failures: 1

The last statistic, "Unexpected Failures", is the important one.
Can any one tell me if these errors have been fixed or not. And if not. How
do people say "testing clang regression tests" work??

--
Kalyan Ponnala
phone: 8163772059