[cfe-dev] Target specific passes in clang.

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Sat Feb 20 02:18:55 PST 2010

Hi Sanjiv,

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for.

Clang already runs various passes as part of -O0, -O1, etc. Adding a
target hook for that would be relatively straightforward, although we
want to make sure that one doesn't have to link in LLVM just to run
-fsyntax-only.

I also plan to make the clang driver accept .ll and .bc files,
eventually, but I'm not sure if this is what you are asking.

 - Daniel