[cfe-dev] Adding type source info to ImplicitValueInitExpr.

Abramo Bagnara abramo.bagnara at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 01:57:14 PST 2010

Il 13/02/2010 23:53, John McCall ha scritto:

> On Feb 13, 2010, at 5:18 AM, Enea Zaffanella wrote:
>
>> John McCall wrote:
>>

>> Hello.
>>
>> A student of mine would like to have a try fixing the thing above
>> (a.k.a., PR 5390), unless there already is someone working on it.
>>
>> The approach we would follows is as follows:
>>
>> 1) Take out OffsetOf from UnaryOperator::OpCode and have instead a
>> dedicated class inheriting from Expr (OffsetOfExpr).
>>
>> 2) Create a new class OffsetOfBaseExpr that will replace current
>> (ab-)uses of ImplicitValueInitExpr in the context of the new class
>> above: this new class will embed a TypeSourceInfo object, so as to
>> be able to provide suitable source location info.
>
> I don't understand why you need this second expression class;  the
> base of an offsetof is a type, not an expression.  You should be able
> to get by with just having a TypeSourceInfo as a field in the
> OffsetOfExpr.

The problem don't come from offsetof base, but from offsetof member:
once taken for granted that the more suitable way to express that is an
Expr we'd need another Expr node to represent the typed base of such
member expression (exactly as it works currently, only with more
appropriate Expr nodes).

We are missing something? There is a smarter way you see?

--
Abramo Bagnara

Opera Unica                          Phone: +39.0546.656023
Via Borghesi, 16
48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy