[cfe-dev] How to use STL with clang++?

Francois Pichet pichet2000 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 07:53:51 PST 2010

2010/12/23 Juan Rubén Segovia <juanruben82 at gmail.com>

> Hi there! I am a new one here..
>
> Contributing in this area sounds like a good start point to me.
> How could I get started working on the MSVC support in clang?
>
> Cheers!
> Juan

Great I really need help to improve MSVC compatibility.

I did some progress to improve MSVC compatibility in the last months. Up to
now I limited myself to parsing the .h included with MSVC 2008 in
-fsyntax-only mode. Currently all the .h without template code will parse
correctly. I haven't really tried parsing any .c or .cpp files yet.

I suggest you download a large MSVC source code base, try to parse it with
clang, see what the errors are and submit patches that will fix them to
clang-commit.

Avoid source base that depends on MSVC template header files. They won't
compile, this is something I am currently investigating but it is far from
trivial.

Another  thing: clang doesn't have a MSVC compatible driver. That could be a
great project to work on.