[cfe-dev] C Standard Library

Antony Vennard antony.vennard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 11:41:11 PST 2010

Hello,

On 21/12/10 19:19, Douglas Gregor wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Antony Vennard wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am aware of the libcxx project providing a standard library for C++
>> for use with clang. Is there an equivalent project for C?
>
> To my knowledge, there is no such project. Clang aims to work with the system C library on a variety of platforms.

Ok, I've just tried what I was having problems with and understood it
this time (last time was after a build which took several hours):

#error: ERROR: Only Win32 target supported!

When trying to compile a simple hello world application with my just
built clang.

clang -o hello.exe -D_WIN32 hello.c fixes the problem.

Is there any way to build these automatic defines into clang? Or have I
done something wrong in compilation?

I'm building against the 2.8 SVN branches for both clang and llvm.

Antony