[cfe-dev] Has something changed in variadic function call ABI...?

Frits van Bommel fvbommel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 07:26:34 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Fons Rademakers
<Fons.Rademakers at cern.ch> wrote:
>   this might work using C++, I'll look into it, but I remembered I had
> problems with pointers to virtual functions, but again it was quite a while
> ago I wrote this stuff and since then it has been working, with all x86_64
> compilers including clang++ till a few days ago, so something definitely
> changed in the clang abi.

One of my other points was that the problem wasn't necessarily the
ABI. Did you look at the asm clang emits for that code?
That might give some insight into what's happening.

You didn't mention virtual functions in your original message, by the
way. Are you saying "Printf" could be a member function? (and a
virtual one at that?)
That could definitely complicate things...