[cfe-dev] How to build clang/llvm with non-default libstdc++

Fons Rademakers Fons.Rademakers at cern.ch
Mon Dec 13 09:14:44 PST 2010

Hi,

  I have a RHEL 5.5 system that comes with gcc 4.1.2 and hence since
recently I cannot build on this platform due to a regression in handling
the 4.1.2 libstdc++ headers. A solution is to use a >=4.2 libstc++ and on
that machine I've installed /opt/gcc-4.4.1. Now I've configured llvm using:

../src/configure --prefix=/home/rdm/llvm/inst --enable-targets=host-only
-enable-llvmc-dynamic --with-cxx-include-root=/opt/gcc-4.4.1/include/c++/4.4.1

and this builds a clang than can be used to compile, but not link as at
link-time it does not look for the gcc-4.4.1 libs. I did not manage to find
the configure option to specify the alternative libstd++ library path, like
e.g. --with-cxx-lib-root or something like that. Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Fons.
--
Org:    CERN, European Laboratory for Particle Physics.
Mail:   1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland