[cfe-dev] OpenCL support

Anton Lokhmotov Anton.Lokhmotov at arm.com
Tue Dec 7 04:06:04 PST 2010

> On (a):   I understand that ARM is preparing to contribute a more
> complete OpenCL front-end to Clang.
I am pleased to confirm that we are planning to send incremental patches for
supporting OpenCL C in Clang, as I announced at the OpenCL BOF at the
Developers' Meeting in November.

> It would be great to nail down a
> common front end with generic OpenCL semantics, and let later stages
> (Clang's CodeGen? LLVM IR pass?) handle more target-specific
> assumptions.  E.g. it would be nice to standardize on how Clang
> handles OpenCL's local, global, etc. etc. etc.  E.g. just agreeing on
> address space numbering would be a step forward.  (e.g. global is 1,
> local is 2...)
As discussed at the OpenCL BOF, I am happy to lead the standardisation
effort.  (One of the benefits of ARM's contribution is that the open-sourced
code will conform to this standard.)  Please just bear with the inevitable
delays caused by the open-sourcing and other work...

Anton.