[cfe-dev] [libcxx] build system questions

sashan sashan at zenskg.net
Sat Dec 4 20:29:08 PST 2010

Hi

I downloaded libcxx and built it. I noticed that the buildit script doesn't do
dependency checking. It seems pretty non-standard. Most projects' build system
do dependancy checking to avoid rebuilding stuff that doesn't need to be built.
What's the reason for this? Is it just a case of not enough time?

Also the testit script didn't work and failed with these kind of errors:

  ailed 1 tests in /home/sashan/code/repos/git/llvm/src/libcxx/test/algorithms/alg.sorting/alg.heap.operations
  g++: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib: No such file or directory
  g++: x86_64: No such file or directory
  g++: ../lib/libc++.so.1.0: No such file or directory

If I spent more time looking into it I'd figure out what to do to work around
it, but ideally someone downloading this library with intent to use it shouldn't
need to.