[cfe-dev] getting the core type of a complex qual type

chris nuernberger cnuernber at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 13:07:26 PST 2010

Is there a known short way to get the core datatype of a complex qualtype?

given:
typedef int i32;

func( const i32& ioData );

I have a parameter indicating ioData, and I can get the QualType from
that.  I would like to strip the const, strip the reference, and
navigate down through any typedefs so I get back just int.

I think I can do this a very manual way but I was just wondering about
a quick and easy way.

Chris

--
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds - Emerson