[cfe-dev] Testing Clang on Win32

Fernando Pelliccioni fpelliccioni at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 16:29:16 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Francois Pichet <pichet2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

> If you don't want to hack around clang I suggest you use MinGW if you
> are on windows. Yes it should work better than MSVC.

I have no experience in compilers, but with your help I can contribute to
the project. I would like !!

> clang cannot compile headers file from MSVC 2008 or 2010 because some
> Microsoft-extensions are not currently implemented in clang. I am
> slowly working on this as a hobby. I don't think MSVC compatibility is
> a priority for the main clang developers so it might take a while.
>

>From my ignorance, I thought that Clang was independent (once compiled) from
the header of MSVC ( and other compilers).
Are there any plans to write the C++ Standard Library (and other languages)
to be included with Clang?

As I said, I would like to contribute to the project, especially in regard
to C++.
I will check the Open Projects. Let me know if you need help in something...

Regards,
Fernando.