[cfe-dev] clang and code coverage?

Shawn Erickson shawnce at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:48:54 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2010, at 9:50 AM, Sean McBride wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there any way to measure code coverage when using clang?
>>

> Neither Clang nor LLVM have the ability to generate coverage code for gcov. I do not know of any replacements in the works.

This was something I was starting to seriously think about working on
in support of clang/llvm. At a high-level was thinking of focusing on
tracking function call coverage and branch coverage, not so much
source line code coverage. Wasn't thinking about attempting to
leverage gcov for this.

The problem is getting enough time to get my head around clang/llvm to
get this rolling.

-Shawn