[cfe-dev] Weird diagnostic about non-type template argument

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon Aug 16 02:48:12 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Enea Zaffanella <zaffanella at cs.unipr.it>wrote:

> I think that, in point 3, Abramo was just referring to the wording of the
> diagnostic, which maybe could be improved.

Sure. I've no problem improving the diagnostic, but I'm not sure what to
make it. Your first is close though, maybe: "a non-type template argument
which is the address of an object cannot be surrounded by parentheses". I'm
leery of using words like "type" because of the "non-type" category of
template arguments we're dealing with. I'm not the best wordsmith though....