[cfe-dev] patch: add friend information for class types and access modifiers for methods to debug info

Alexander Herz alexander.herz at mytum.de
Wed Aug 11 01:48:06 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've created these two patches which add support for the
llvm::dwarf::DW_TAG_friend for class types and flags for the access
modifier (public/private/protected) for methods to the debug info. The
llvm_*.diff patch needs to be applied to the llvm, the other one to clang.

Having this information is interesting when analyzing assembler while
using the dbg info to recover information.

I'm not sure this is the proper way to submit patches, pls tell me if I
should open a request in some bug tracking tool or what ever.

Also it would be good to know if the patch is accepted or not.

Thx,
Alex