[cfe-dev] Proposed: change tracking for RegionStore

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Tue Aug 3 13:58:51 PDT 2010

On Aug 2, 2010, at 6:36 PM, Jordy Rose wrote:

> ProcessRegionChange:
> - Like ProcessAssume, does no filtering of checkers. Takes a GRState and
> the location that changed (SVal or MemRegion?), returns a new GRState.
> - Not too hard to add the same sort of respondsToCallback checking as for
> Visit*Stmt, meaning we'd at least only get checkers that /can/ track region
> changes.

Yup.  It's all very simple too.

> - Downside: not context-sensitive at all.

It's only not context-sensitive from the perspective of when to do the callbacks to the checkers, but ultimately the checkers know what data they care about when they operate on a given GRState.  Since the amount of "interested" regions will likely be small, this is probably not an issue.

I think this is the simplest and cleanest approach we have on the table.