[cfe-dev] prototyping c++ language extensions

Sebastian Redl sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at
Tue Apr 27 00:37:12 PDT 2010

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:59:56 -0700 (PDT), Charllls Alquarra
<charlesneedspace at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a set of open source tools to quickly prototype
> language extensions for c++. Basically i'm just wondering if it is
possible
> to implement compile-time reflection in a way that is similar to what
> open-c++ did http://opencxx.sourceforge.net/ using clang
> That project is largely dead but i feel that a tool like this would have
> great potential for code reusability and expressivity

Hi,

Clang is probably the best environment available to try such a thing. Of
course, with Clang, you would create a direct compiler instead of a
source-to-source translator. (My own plans for compile-time reflection will
also be prototyped in Clang.)

Note, though, that experiments probably won't be accepted back into
mainline unless they prove themselves.

Sebastian