[cfe-dev] Attaching Metadata to BasicBlocks

kalyan ponnala ponnala.kalyan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 02:29:55 PDT 2010

Hello,

I was researching how Metadata in LLVM 2.7 is represented and used and I
found that Metadata can be attached and manipulated at both the module level
and instruction levels.  Upon inspecting the Metadata classes, I also saw
that there is an enum that contains a bit for "FunctionLocalBit" on the
MDNode.

Unfortunately, I did not see any methods to attach or manipulate Metadata at
the BasicBlock level or Function levels in the LLVM IR classes.

Can someone please tell me why there is no support for attaching and
manipulating Metadata to BasicBlocks and Functions?

Thanks a lot.
--
Kalyan Ponnala
phone: 8163772059