[cfe-dev] clang and -integrated-as

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Sat Apr 17 05:18:50 PDT 2010

Hello,

After the post about LLVM-MC, I tried to play with the "-integrated-as" flag.
Unfortunately, it does not works for a simple case which is an obj-c file with a class and a category to extend this class (on i386).

@interface Foo { void *isa; } @end
@implementation Foo
@end
@implementation Foo (Bar)
@end

clang -arch i386 -integrated-as -c test.m
<inline asm>:2:23: error: invalid assignment to '.objc_class_name_Foo'
        .objc_class_name_Foo=0

To be exact, it stopped on these lines:

.lazy_reference .objc_class_name_Foo
.objc_class_name_Foo=0
.globl .objc_class_name_Foo

If the file does not contains a category, the .lazy_reference is not generated, and the code compile fine.

As LLVM-MV is fairly young, this is maybe a know issue, else should I fill a bug report  ?

Thanks

-- Jean-Daniel