[cfe-dev] adding FileSkipped() to PPCallbacks

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Fri Apr 16 14:14:05 PDT 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 2:09 PM, Zhanyong Wan (λx.x x) wrote:

> Thanks for the review, Chris.  Please see the new patch.  I kept the
> signature of FileSkipped() unchanged to be consistent with
> FileChanged().

Keeping the interfaces consistent is nice, but is it really worth it?  This will punish other PPCallbacks that don't care about this, like -MM mode and friends.  SourceMgr.createFileID isn't hyper-expensive, but it is good to avoid work that no other client at all needs.  Sinking this work into the implementation that cares makes sense to me.

-Chris