[cfe-dev] clang plugin

Christof Meerwald cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Sat Apr 3 05:54:48 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:05:40 +0900, Naoya Maruyama wrote:
> I'm developing a c-program tool with clang, and trying the
> PrintFunctionNames plugin. However, running a command loading plugin
> libraries doesn't seem to find plugins:
>
>  $ clang -cc1 -load path/to/libPrintFunctionNames.so -plugin help
> clang -cc1 plugins:

I have come across the same problem recently. I think it's caused by the
plugin shared library using its own instance of the plugin registry instead
of the one from the clang binary. The way I fixed (or worked around) it on
my system was by changing autoconf/ExportMap.map (and rebuilding clang) as
follows:

{
        global: main;
                __progname;
                environ;
                _ZN4llvm8RegistryIN5clang14FrontendActionENS_14RegistryTraitsIS2_EEE4HeadE;

};

Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org