[cfe-dev] Building LLVM/Clang under MinGW

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Sep 25 01:19:54 PDT 2009

Hello, John

> Is building LLVM/Clang supposed to work under MinGW on Windows?
Yes, however I saw some miscompilations with mingw's stable gcc
(3.4.5) for 2.6 release. 4.4.0 worked, but you need to switch it to
static libgcc, otherwise the whole process appears to be really
painful.

> Win32/Signals.inc:275: error: exception handling disabled, use -fexceptions
> to enable
Yeah, dunno why gcc 3.4.5 didn't show this error. You need either to
fix sources, or to enable exceptions for libsystem.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov