[cfe-dev] Block introspection and GNU runtime new ABI support

David Chisnall csdavec at swansea.ac.uk
Sun Sep 20 03:44:14 PDT 2009

On 20 Sep 2009, at 07:55, Daniel Dunbar wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 3:53 AM, David Chisnall
> <csdavec at swansea.ac.uk> wrote:
>> It hasn't gone in yet.  I've modified my local copy to set flag
>> 1<<30 on
>> blocks that have this metadata attached to them, but I was waiting
>> for
>> confirmation that this wouldn't break anything for Apple before I
>> committed
>> it.
>
> I was referring to this:
>
>> Checked in TOT: http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=rev&revision=81462
>
> and:
>
>> Fariborz seems to have committed the patches before any consensus was
>> reached - I'd be happy if someone wants to revert it until everyone
>> is
>> happy with the proposed changes and I'll commit it later after any
>> review comments have been addressed.

That was my mistake; there were two patches, one about block
introspection and one for the new GNU runtime ABI.  The latter was
committed, the former was not (I thought that, because they both
touched the same files in a few places, committing one would be
difficult, but apparently svn is more clever than I give it credit for).

David