[cfe-dev] clang-cc -ast-print-xml errors

Craig Mortensen mortay at apple.com
Tue Sep 15 15:46:17 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm using 'clang-cc' and specifying the argument: -ast-print-xml to
the the XML output for Foundation.h

./clang-cc -ast-print-xml -x=objective-c /System/Library/Frameworks/
Foundation.framework/Headers/Foundation.h -o /tmp/output.xml

This produces some error diagnostics when processing the headers:

In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/
CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/
MachineExceptions.h:29:
/Developer/usr/lib/clang/1.0/include/xmmintrin.h:28:2: error: #error
"SSE instruction set not enabled"
#error "SSE instruction set not enabled"
  ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/
CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/
DriverServices.h:32:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/
CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MachineExceptions.h:216:3: error: unknown
type name '__m128'
   __m128              s;
   ^

The second one appears to be a propagated error from the first.

It looks like 'Streaming SIMD Extensions' needs to be enabled?

xmmintrin.h:
#ifndef __SSE__
#error "SSE instruction set not enabled"
#else

The same thing goes for __MMX__ and __SSE2__

If I happen to define these, of course other errors appear relating to
incompatible types 'int' and '__mm128', etc.

I actually get a crash at the end of processing at:
Assertion failed: (NodeStack.size() > 1 && "to much backtracking"),
function toParent, file DocumentXML.cpp, line 51.

Thanks for the help.

Craig