[cfe-dev] Block introspection and GNU runtime new ABI support

Blaine Garst blaine at apple.com
Thu Sep 10 14:43:17 PDT 2009

We will likely initially focus on providing introspection data on the
captured variables rather than the parameters to the block.  Both are
of interest but with captured variable knowledge we can avoid
generating copy helper functions for almost all cases.

The reserved field in the block descriptor is the slot I intend to use
for captured variable knowledge.

Changing the ABI is very painful - we were unable to move the invoke
function into the descriptor structure as we had originally intended
for example, so I also advise caution.

Blaine