[cfe-dev] Constructing use-def chains

Simone Pellegrini spellegrini at dps.uibk.ac.at
Tue Sep 1 06:37:09 PDT 2009

Hi Ted and Moataz,
Actually I have already implemented Def-Use chains in clang.

I didn't announce it in the mailing list because I thought DefUse chain
analysis was not in the philosophy of Clang as all the analysis and
optimizations are built in LLVM (from SSA code).
Anyway if the community is interested I can make the implementation
available to you, my only concern is about the coding style. I saw you
frequently use data containers (map, vector)
from the LLVM framework while I preferred to stick with the STL (because
I am sure they are not buggy) :)

My current implementations is based on the Kennedy's book algorithm
(which is recursive). The analysis has been tested against several
codes... I am sure it's still not perfect but it's working in most of
the cases.

regards, Simone Pellegrini