[cfe-dev] CIndex changes

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Mon Oct 26 16:45:00 PDT 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 11:39 AM, John Thompson wrote:

> Ted/Steve,
>
> Do you want me to check in my changes for DLL-izing CIndex?

Please go ahead, pending the comments below. Thanks!

> I'd like to do so, because Index.h always conflicts when I update.
> Here's a patch against the latest, with just the changes for getting
> the DLL to build.

In this:

+// MSVC DLL import/export.
+#ifdef _MSC_VER
+  #ifdef _CINDEX_LIB_
+    #define CINDEX_LINKAGE __declspec(dllexport)
+  #else
+    #define CINDEX_LINKAGE __declspec(dllimport)
+  #endif
+#endif

we need a

#else
#  define CINDEX_LINKAGE

for non-Microsoft compilers.

-typedef void (*CXTranslationUnitIterator)(CXTranslationUnit, CXCursor,
+CINDEX_LINKAGE typedef void (*CXTranslationUnitIterator)
(CXTranslationUnit, CXCursor,
                                            CXClientData);

We don't need dllimport/dllexport on typedefs, right?

	- Doug