[cfe-dev] patch for generalizing stdint for n-bit bytes

Ray Fix rayfix.ml at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 17:16:31 PDT 2009

Hello Clangers,

The attached patch is the work of Ken Dyck which I merged and massaged
a bit to work with the top of the tree (R84372).   This patch
generalizes some of the defines produced by the preprocessor in
preparation for future patches to support of n-bit bytes.

Some other highlights include the addition of 40 new test cases that
help better validate the preprocessor and target defines.  It also
gets rid of std::vector<char> in favor of llvm::raw_ostream to create
defines.

My hope is that someone with commit authority can look these changes
and approve them or provide feedback for any additional mods work that
is required for them to be accepted.

Since the patch is a bit large (thanks to all of the new tests!), I am
including a custom htmlized view of the patch.  (You might find it
easier to grok the changes with...)

Thanks a bunch,

Ray