[cfe-dev] Clang as back-end

Juan Carlos Martinez Santos juanc.martinez.santos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:58:56 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am interesting in doing dynamic information flow tracking - DIFT. In the
process, I need to add a new attribute for each variable used in the
program, and also I need to modify the way how the variables are aggregate
(on BBS | heap | stack of an x86 architecture). My concern is if Clang could
be the tool that I need.

>From the "get started" guide, I see that (1) clang is the front-end. (2)
LLVM is used to optimize the IR, but I didn't see what is the back-end. Is
clang also the back-end? or this option is open?

BTW. Where I can more details about "addspace" instruction. I found some
piece of information in several documents (LLVM and Clang) but I didn't see
any document or section that talk about it. And the last question: is
"addrspace" instruction just for global variables?
 Thanks in advance,

--
Juan Carlos