[cfe-dev] DocumentXML Assertion

Kevin Cathey kcathey2 at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 6 21:38:30 PDT 2009

I saw this in some archives recently, but I didn't really see the question get answered.

I am trying to use the -ast-print-xml flag on clang front end, but on almost every file, I'm getting a crash after an assertion in Document.XML at line 51.

The command I am running is:
./clang -S -Xclang -ast-print-xml -o /tmp/output.xml MyClass.m

The assertion exactly is:
Assertion failed: (NodeStack.size() > 1 && "too much backtracking"), function toParent, file DocumentXML.cpp, line 51.

Is there a work-around until a fix can get in?

Thanks.

Kevin

Kevin Cathey
Department of Computer Science - College of Engineering
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign