[cfe-dev] Impending initialization rewrite

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:58:45 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> wrote:
> Over the next few days, I plan to rewrite much of the semantic analysis for initialization to clean up a variety of problems that have surfaced over the past few months.

Generally sounds good.

>        6) Temporaries: Make temporaries explicit, even when they are of POD or scalar type.

I'd suggest keeping track of what happens for PR5524 here.

> Any questions, comments, or advice would be appreciated!

The only other relevant issue I can think of off the top of my head is
that a higher-quality replacement for Expr::isConstantInitializer
would be nice; perhaps it could work as a flag for the proposed
PerformInitialization.

-Eli