[cfe-dev] Attribute position in parsing class member function declarations

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Wed Nov 25 16:09:32 PST 2009

On Nov 25, 2009, at 3:56 PM, John Thompson wrote:

> I'm not sure this is optimal, but it seems to fix Bug 5605.

The parsing is fine, but this is missing some kind of diagnostic, because GCC rejects the test case:

blackthorn:~ dgregor$ gcc t.c
t.c:3: warning: ‘cf_returns_retained’ attribute directive ignored
t.c:3: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
blackthorn:~ dgregor$ g++ t.c
t.c:2: error: attributes are not allowed on a function-definition

	- Doug