[cfe-dev] Block_copy and friends

David Chisnall theraven at sucs.org
Wed Nov 25 08:50:59 PST 2009

On 25 Nov 2009, at 16:42, Fariborz Jahanian wrote:

> But you need the block's runtime library on linux which I don't think
> it is available yet.

I don't know if LLVM's blocks runtime works on non-Darwin platforms
yet, but the Étoilé ObjectiveC2 framework[1] and the GNUstep Objective-
C runtime[1] both include support for blocks (based on the same code.
The Étoilé framework provides most of the features that are missing
from the GCC Objective-C runtime as an optional framework).  We've
been using blocks with this code on Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris since
May.

You can build these with GNUstep Make, or just copy the (MIT licensed)
blocks.* files into your project.

David

[1] svn://svn.gna.org/svn/etoile/trunk/Etoile/Frameworks/ObjectiveC2
[2] svn://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/libobjc2/trunk

-- Sent from my Apple II