[cfe-dev] CLANG getting started

Cristina Basescu cristina.basescu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 02:56:37 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm a newbie here and I'm having some trouble with running the examples from
clang. I built libPrintFunctionNames.so , by doing make in
llvm/tools/clang/examples/PrintFunctionNames, but I don't know how to see it
at work. I've tried with

opt -load /usr/llvm/Debug/lib/libPrintFunctionNames.so -print-fns test.bc

just like one would do for a llvm pass, but it doesn't work:

opt: CommandLine Error: Argument 'version' defined more than once!
opt: CommandLine Error: Argument 'help-hidden' defined more than once!
opt: CommandLine Error: Argument 'help' defined more than once!
opt: CommandLine Error: Argument 'debug-only' defined more than once!
opt: CommandLine Error: Argument 'debug' defined more than once!
opt: CommandLine Error: Argument 'info-output-file' defined more than once!
opt: CommandLine Error: Argument 'track-memory' defined more than once!
opt: Unknown command line argument '-print-fns'.  Try: 'opt --help'

I could really use a hand on this, especially because I can't find some
fully explained examples on clang site (are there any? if yes, please give
me a link).

Many thanks,
Cristina