[cfe-dev] Need Python help in TestRunner.py

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Sun Nov 8 13:07:46 PST 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 4:11 AM, Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen
<danchr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 Nov 2009, at 04:45, Daniel Dunbar wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM, John Thompson
>> <john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Daniel,
>>>
>>> I'm afraid the result of this change is that instead of appending to the
>>> file, it overwrites the beginning of the file.  This is the result in
>>> ast.c.tmp (on Windows):
>>
>> Looks like a bug in Win32 or the subprocess module. r86437 adds a
>> workaround that works for me.
>
> Have you considered using the Python difflib[1] module? It might be more
> reliable than the external dependancy…

We don't execute individual commands in the RUN lines. While useful
for other reasons, if we wanted to do this we would need to find a
nice way so that things are easy to reproduce on the command line. I
don't have a motivating reason to do this work (yet).

 - Daniel